Data analyst (full time)
The Amsterdam health & technology institute (ahti) improves urban health and healthcare in Amsterdam and the rest of the world by connecting people, technology and medical knowledge through innovation and entrepreneurship. We have a strong network in healthcare organisations as well as government. One of our focus areas is the use of advanced data techniques on real word evidence to validate innovations.
We are looking for a fulltime (40 hours) Data Analyst, based in Amsterdam.
The Data Analyst will work with the data team on a wide variety of health-related projects. His or her expertise will lie in handling and analyzing different (big and small) datasets using different machine learning techniques and econometrical analyses. Together with the project teams, the Data Analyst will be advising and working on the measurement of intervention effects, analyzing (big) datasets for clients such as the city or a hospital and creating visualizations to generate new insights. The data analyst might also advise the start-ups on issues such as monitoring or evaluating the effect of a new product or service, as well as potentially required data collection. Next to working on existing datasets and projects, the data analyst will also spend time on new business ideas around data and collect new data sources (e.g. Google, social media). In short, he or she will be the advisor and expert in all technical issues around data analysis, thereby working closely together with the person managing all projects around data at ahti.
• Support ahti in developing new business ideas around health-related data that have a societal value for Amsterdam
• Perform data analyses on health(care) related topics
• Find meaning in vast amount of real world data from hospitals, health insurers, etc.
• Visualize data to communicate information clearly and effectively
• Advise data team in complex data questions
• Support data curation and simple database management
• Strong personal drive and commitment in furthering healthcare with the help of data
• MSc in Econometrics/Statistics
• Out of the box thinking and self motivated
• Ample experience in statistical analysis
• Spoken and written fluency in English and Dutch
• Familiarity with statistical software (e.g. Stata/ /R/Python)
• Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, R, Python)
Skills and abilities
• Analytical mindset
• Able to work effectively in a team
• Creativity when working with data and open eye for new business ideas
• Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
• Comfortable working independently and pro-actively
• Willing to get things done and take initiative
Ahti offers a cutting edge working environment in global health and development, and a salary according to standard market rates. Working 40 hours a week at the office of ahti in Amsterdam-Zuidoost, the position is available for a fixed-term period (1 year), starting date as soon as possible.
Please send your application (including CV and letter of motivation) to HR Support at ahti email@example.com
No (recruitment) agencies please