Contract & Legal Officer
Part-time (24-28 hours per week) – based in Amsterdam
The Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development (AIGHD) is seeking a self-motivated Contract & Legal Officer to provide legal support in the fields of research, education (and entrepreneurship) for both AIGHD and the Amsterdam Health & Technology Institute (ahti). The Contract & Legal Officer will report to the General Manager of AIGHD.
The ideal candidate is energetic, detail-oriented, motivated and knows how to deal with priorities.
The Contract & Legal Officer will be responsible for providing legal support for both AIGHD and ahti, by advising on and handling of legal matters, drawing up and assessing legal documents within the scope of national and international laws and regulations, professional codes and the rules and regulations of AIGHD and ahti. The objectives are to ensure that the agreements AIGHD and ahti enter, are legally sound and transparent in terms of associated risks.
This includes (but is not limited to) the following tasks:
• Dealing with and advising on legal issues in the field of contract, data protection & privacy and intellectual property law;
• Reviewing and drawing up contracts, general terms and conditions, project agreements, consortium agreements, consultancy agreements, service agreements, non-disclosure agreements, intellectual property and data protection related contracts and so on;
• Keeping up with the latest legal developments in our main areas of focus and ensuring that contracts comply to any relevant legal or regulatory changes;
• Monitoring and ensuring compliance with current contract obligations;
• Reviewing, improving and updating standard agreements and legal processes;
• Liaising with other legal support officers, amongst other Legal Research Support at AMC, to jointly improve the quality of legal support;
• Any other tasks related to in-house contract and legal matters.
University bachelor/master, preferably with specialization in (international) contract law;
Minimum of 4 -7 years’ experience as lawyer and/or in house legal officer in an international
Experience and knowledge
• Excellent legal and analytical skills;
• Resourceful, proactive, detail-oriented and conscientious;
• Self-starter, high level of motivation, ability to work independently;
• High level of integrity and discretion;
• Ability to prioritize and perform well under time constraints;
• Service-oriented, with a hands-on and proactive attitude;
• Effective communicator in a fast paced and intercultural environment;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch;
• Experience in cooperation at the interface between academic and private parties is an advantage;
• Affinity with a research, education and entrepreneurial-driven environment and the goals and the field of activity of our organizations.
AIGHD offers an excellent job opportunity in a cutting edge working environment in global health and development and a salary in line with prevailing sector standards. AIGHD has a fulltime workweek of 40 hours, 25 days leave annually, an attractive collective pension plan and a very comprehensive collective health insurance scheme. The position is based at the office of AIGHD in Amsterdam.
Please send your application (including CV and letter of motivation) to HR Support at AIGHD firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Amsterdam Institute for Global Health & Development (AIGHD) is a research and education institute with a mission to address challenges in global health and development by conducting collaborative interdisciplinary research, generating insights and solutions, and educating the next generation of global health leaders.
AIGHD conducts collaborative, interdisciplinary research prioritizing infectious disease elimination, antimicrobial drug resistance, chronic care & ageing, urbanization & health, health markets, and economics of human development. It aims to educate and inspire the next generation of global health leaders at undergraduate, post-graduate and professional levels to shape a healthier and more prosperous future for all. AIGHD aspires to accelerate progress on global health objectives by sharing knowledge and insights with global agencies, governments, NGOs, and the scientific community.
The Amsterdam health & technology institute – ahti – is dedicated to improving health worldwide and to achieving better quality healthcare at lower cost through education, innovative research, and fostering entrepreneurship. We work across a global network of ‘living labs’ centred in Amsterdam. Ahti is a world-class, public- private open innovation institute led by the ahti Foundation (the Netherlands) and supported by Duke University Global Health Institute (USA) and AIGHD (NL). Ahti connects people, technology, and information to improve the value of healthcare for Amsterdam and the rest of the world.
No (recruitment) agencies please